GUILFORD FAIR SPELLING BEE
Sponsored by Guilford Fund for Education
DATE: September 16 , 2017
TIME: 2:00 p.m.
PLACE: Back Stage
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION IN SPELLING BEE:
- The spelling bee will be open to students of Guilford public schools from grades 3 through 6.
- Each of the four elementary schools may select up to FOUR students from each grade (i.e., grades 3 and 4).
- The Baldwin Middle School may select up to EIGHT students from each grade (i.e., grades 5 and 6).
- The total number of participants will therefore be limited to forty-eight students: thirty-two top spellers from grades 3 and 4, and sixteen spelling aces from grades 5 and 6.
- Only participants with school certificates will be allowed free admission.
- All participants will receive signed certificates, and the winners will be presented with
plaques or trophies.