Department I-A: Poultry
E-Mail poultry entries to: GuilfordFairPoultry@outlook.com
Department Chairperson: Dianna Popolizio
Committee: Devon Popplizio, Jeri Perkins, Clayton Cirillo
Telephone: (203) 506-2981
ENTRIES WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED IN CLASSES LISTED. PLEASE READ THE RULES. Current 2017 Connecticut Fair & Show Requirements will be enforced.
All birds must be banded and tested for Pullorum. Photocopies of test results should accompany entry. No entries will be accepted without the appropriate documentation. Please see Livestock Regulations in 2018 Connecticut Fair & Show Requirements.
1. Entries close Saturday, September 15th, 2018. No post entries can be accepted.
2. There will be two Divisions, Open and Junior. Juniors must be 16 years of age or younger.
3. Entries will be judged by the American Poultry Association Standard of Perfection. No production birds will be allowed in the Open division and only one (1) production entry per exhibitor for the junior division.
4. All entries must be identified by type (Large Fowl, Bantam, Game, Waterfowl, Pigeon) by breed and variety (such as Barred Plymouth Rock, Silver Laced Wyandotte, etc.) and Class (Cock, Hen, Pullet, Cockerel). Department Chairpersons reserve the right to refuse any entry that has not been correctly identified on entry form If you are not sure of your size or breed, contact the Department Chairperson prior to cooping in.
5. Feed and bedding will be provided by the committee. An entry fee of fifty cents (50¢) will be charged each bird and the exhibitor must pay admission at the gate. No entry fee for egg entries.
6. Birds must be cooped by Thursday September 20th, 2018. Entries will be accepted between 5:00 -9:00 pm and must be in place until 6:00 pm Sunday.
7. Entries close when cages are full. No more than 40 birds per farm or family without approval of the Department Chairpersons.
8. Only healthy, non-molting birds will be shown. Out-Of-State exhibitors must provide a certificate of health prior to cooping.