Entries must be mailed or e-mailed to:
Oivia Lahner, 2577 Boston Post Rd., Guilford, CT 06437
Entries Close Saturday, September 10, 2022. No Post Entries Accepted.
Department Chairperson: Olivia Lahner
Committee: Isabella Zira, Mark Lahner
ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLY IN CLASSES LISTED AND LIMITED BY ENTRY DATE SENT FOR CAGING CAPACITY.
ALL EXHIBITORS MUST PAY ADMISSION AT THE GATE.
PLEASE READ RULES below:
1. All entries must be free from any evidence of infectious or transmissible disease, including snot, weepy eyes, sneezing, matted paws, diarrhea, and mites. Final decision of the health of entries will be determined by the committee members. Animals that are sick will not be accepted. Animals presenting symptoms during the event will be removed from the showroom at first notice, and owners will be notified immediately to retrieve the animal. No refunds will be given.
2. Animals under 12 weeks of age or small enough to fit through cage bars will not be accepted, with the sole exception of a commercial breed meat pen entry.
3. All entries must be owned by the exhibitor.
4. ALL RABBITS WILL BE SHOWN UNDER PET CLASS ONLY.
5. CLASS 5 Pet Rabbits, CLASS 7 Pet Guinea Pigs, CLASSES 8 & 9 Small Pet Animals:
Please list your animal’s breed, sex, and age to the best of your ability. Feel free to make a decorative name plate to clip to your pet’s cage (no identifying exhibitor information permitted). An ENTRY FEE of $1 per rabbit must accompany your entry form for the use of cage space, bedding, and feed. There is no fee for guinea pigs and other small animals, as exhibitors must provide their own CLEAN cages, feed, vitamin treats, blanket for night covering, etc. A cooler will be provided for fresh veggies (please label your baggies). No habitrails permitted, and please limit cage space to 2’x4’ for exotic animals and 2’x2’ or less for smaller ones. Only rabbits will be handled, and only fair coops will be cleaned. These classes will be judged on the Danish System. Animals must be healthy, clean, and handleable (ie: will allow feeding and mild interaction) in order to qualify for placement.
6. Feed, water, caging, and bedding will be provided for rabbits ONLY. Appropriately sized, heavy- weighted feed and water dishes or bottles and cage risers (if desired) must be provided by the exhibitor. Metal cans or plastic cups are not permitted. Exhibitors requesting use of their own feed is fine, as long as feed is kept in an air-tight and water-tight container and properly labeled.
7. MAXIMUM ENTRIES per exhibitor for each division shall be: 20 rabbits and no more than 10 pet rabbits, 3 of any variety of guinea pigs, and 3 small animals.
8. All entries must be in place by Thursday, September 15, 2022, and will be accepted from 5:00p.m. until 8:00p.m. All entries must remain in place until the close of fair at 6:00p.m. on Sunday. Pick-up for sold animals may begin no earlier than 5:45 Sunday.
9. Exhibitors wishing to sell stock may mark cages with tags no larger than 3”x5” AFTER Friday judging has occurred. Sellers must be present at the time of sale (or leave contact information on the sale tag) and must make arrangements with the purchaser for pick-up at the close of the Fair. Attendants will not assist in the sale of other exhibitors’ animals. Only animals entered may be sold on fair grounds.
10. CLASS 4 Junior Rabbit Showmanship: In our tradition of agricultural education, the Guilford Fair is pleased to offer a Junior Rabbit Showmanship competition. All Junior rabbit exhibitors are encouraged to enter. While a rabbit entry is not required, those participating must bring their own or borrowed rabbit. An exhibited rabbit will not be supplied unless previously agreed upon by its owner. Showmanship will be judged by an experienced 4-H leader or ARBA member who is knowledgeable of the rabbit showmanship process. Prize level will be determined by points awarded on a rubric. This class will be broken down into three more times). Most ideal times for this competition are Friday, September 16, at 5p.m. or Saturday, September 17, at 11a.m. Please list your availability on your entry form.