Chairman: Brian Bailey
Committee: Dan O’Sullivan, Robert Krok, Don Losnes, Linda Ingrao, Barbara Johnson, Kim Renchy Hodge
19 ROSETTES TO BE AWARDED
1) Seven Best in Show Rosette for entries in classes 1-32
a. Vine Vegetables (pumpkin, squash, cucumber, etc)
b. Root Vegetables (beets, carrots, onions, turnips, etc)
e. Stalk Vegetables (broccoli, celery, corn, eggplant, etc)
2) One Best in Show Rosette for entries in classes 44
3) Three Rosettes in class 46
4) One Rosette in each classes 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
5) Three Rosettes in class 52
STANLEY H. PAGE MEMORIAL AWARD
Sponsored by Page Hardware and Appliance
To person receiving the most points in classes 1-32.
First––5 points; Second––3 points; Third––1 point
AWARD FOR BEST VEGETABLE BASKET
Sponsored by Barberry Farms
ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLY IN CLASSES LISTED.
1. Entries close 5:00 P.M., Saturday, September 10, 2022.
2. Exhibits may be dropped off after 5:00 and must be in place by 7:30 P.M., on Thursday September 15, 2022
3. Exhibits are to remain in place until closing, Sunday, September 18, 2022 . The building will close at 6 P.M. and exhibits will be available after 7:00 P.M.
4. Exhibits must all be raised by the exhibitor.
5. CORRECT QUANTITY MUST BE ON EACH EXHIBIT
6. Only one entry may be made of the same variety by an exhibitor.
7. VARIETY MUST BE STATED ON EACH EXHIBIT
8. Each entry will be judged according to its merit.
JUDGING POINTERS FOR VEGETABLES:
1. CORRECT QUANTITY (SUCH AS: KOHLRABI –– 3).
2. NAME OF VARIETY (SUCH AS: TOMATOES, BIG BOY).
3. CLEAN, FREE FROM INJURY.
4. UNIFORM IN SIZE, SHAPE AND COLOR.
5. THE BEST MARKET SIZE AND QUALITY.