Chairperson: Kelley Hanke
OPEN TO AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHERS ONLY
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED
Entries: (Please read instructions carefully)
• Entry forms and PHOTOS must be received (not postmarked) by 5pm Saturday, September 11.
• Entries may be dropped off at the fair office or mailed to: Guilford Fair, P.O. Box 290, Guilford, CT 06437
• All entries must remain in place until closing, Sunday, September 19.
• Photos will be available for pick-up after 7:00 P.M on Sunday, September 19.
Definitions and Display Instructions:
Amateur Photographer – is one who does photography (taking and/or producing photos)
for his or her own pleasure and /or display without prior thought of compensation.
Photo or photograph – refers to an image taken by the person entering, with either a film
or digital camera.
Enlargements – Print sizes from 5” x 7” and no larger than 11” x 14,” to be matted or
mounted up to 14” x 14” maximum. (Note: 14″ x 14″ is a New Maximum Total Size Limit)
Snapshots – at least 2” x 2,” 3-1/2” x 5,” 4” x 6,” and panoramic up to 4” x 10”and mounted or
matted no larger than 5” x 7,” or 6” x 10” for panoramic.
1. Each Entry MUST be listed individually on entry form including title, division and class designation. The exhibitor name, address, and photo division and classification must be clearly marked on the back of each entry.
2. Juniors (age 15 and under) and Budding Photographers (age 10 and under) must list age clearly on back of entry and on form.
3. Open to Amateur photographers only. All entries must have been taken by person entering same. Entries previously winning prizes at The Guilford Fair are not eligible for re-entry.
4. Any entries to be returned by mail must include an envelope with name and address, and return postage.
5. LIMIT 2 entries in each class (each division consists of 8 classifications), and no more than 10 entries in total.
6. To be accepted for entry and display each photo MUST be individually matted or mounted with sturdy card stock, no thicker than 1/8” total. NO Thick Foam Matte Boards or Framed Prints will be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS
7. In all cases where the entry does not meet the requirements as specified, it will be ineligible.