Mail entries to: Guilford Agricultural Society, P.O. Box 290 Guilford, CT 06437
Entries close 5:00 p.m. Saturday, September 14, 2019
Chairpersons: Marlene Kennel, Jen Rowell, Devon Rowell
Committee: Lorna Buchta, Kenny Butcha, Susy and Zoi Buchta, Kenny Hubbard, Lee & Madeleine Hubbard, Chip & Marilyn Leslie, Karen Lafarier, Jeff Rowell, Brendan Rowell, Cindy Smith, Michaela & McKenzie Walston, The Hosmer Family
1. Entries will be accepted only in classes listed.
2. A child exhibitor must have done most, if not all of the work on their entry. If a younger child had help creating or baking their entry, please note this on the entry tag.
3. Commercially manufactured toys and dolls will not be accepted as an entry alone, but may be used in conjunction to create an entry.
4. Judging will be based on the Danish System- exhibits are judged based on their own merit, rather than against each other. Each entry will be awarded 1 ribbon. Each class be awarded at least 1 rosette.
5. Trophies will be awarded, “Best in Barnyard” (Kenneth Buchta Memorial), “Barnyard Bakery” (Laura Kennel Memorial) and “Best in Group” (Louis Weady Memorial).
6. Exhibits must be brought to The Barnyard building between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Thursday September 19.
Exhibits shall be picked up AFTER 7 p.m., Sunday, September 22. The barn will close at 6 p.m. for safe wire and fence removal to access exhibits. Exhibits MUST Remain in place until 7:00 p.m. Sunday to be eligible to receive award.
Schools, Scouts, Senior groups:
1. May enter an exhibit from listed classes. Space is limited. A 3ft wide by 4 ft. deep area will be available on a first come basis.
2. Please bring supplies needed; tape, scissors, stapler, etc
3. Each exhibitor in a group will receive a ribbon. List the number of exhibitors in the group on the entry form for amount of ribbons. Each group entry will receive 1 rosette.
4. Group entries WILL NOT be broken up and taken individually. They must be picked up all together with all ribbons. School and group entries contact Marlene 203-843-5589. All other questions contact Jen 203-779-9313 or Devon 203-779-9631