Department U: The Barnyard
Mail entries to: Guilford Agricultural Society, P.O. Box 290 Guilford, CT 06437
Entries close 5:00 p.m. Saturday, September 15, 2018
Chairpersons: Marlene Kennel, Jen Rowell, Devon Rowell
Committee: Lorna Buchta, Kenny, Susy and Zoi Buchta, Kenny Hubbard, Lee & Madeleine Hubbard, Marilyn Leslie, Andy & Cindy Kilbride, Karen Lafarier, Jeff Rowell, Brendan Rowell, Cindy Smith, Jackee & Jamie Hosmer, Angela Hosmer & CJ Cadwell
1. Entries will be accepted only in classes listed.
2. A child exhibitor must have done most if not all of the work on their entry. If a younger child had help creating or baking their entry, please note this on the entry tag.
3. Commercially manufactured toys and dolls will not be accepted as an entry alone, but may be used in conjunction to create an entry.
4. Judging will be based on the Danish System- exhibits are judged based on their own merit, rather than against each other. Each entry will be awarded 1 ribbon. Each class be awarded at least 1 rosette.
5. Trophies will be awarded, “Best in Barnyard” (Kenneth Buchta Memorial), “Barnyard Bakery” (Laura Kennel Memorial) and “Best in Group” (Louis Weady Memorial).
6. Exhibits must be brought to The Barnyard building between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Thursday September 20.
Exhibits shall be picked up AFTER 7 p.m., Sunday, September 23. The barn will close at 6 p.m. for safe wire and fence removal to access exhibits. Exhibits MUST Remain in place until 7:00 p.m. Sunday to be eligible to receive award.
Schools, Scouts, Senior groups:
1. May enter an exhibit from listed classes. Space is limited. A 3ft wide by 4 ft. deep area will be available on a first come basis.
2. Please bring supplies needed; tape, scissors, stapler, etc
3. Each exhibitor in a group will receive a ribbon. List the number of exhibitors in the group on the entry form for amount of ribbons. Each group entry will receive 1 rosette.
4. Group entries WILL NOT be broken up and taken individually. They must be picked up all together with all ribbons. School and group entries contact
5. School and group entries contact: Marlene 203-843-5589 All other questions contact Jen 203-779-9313 or Devon 203-779-9631