Volunteer at the Fair
Volunteers get free parking and admission to the Fair for that day!
Gates and Tickets: If you (or someone you know) is interested in covering the gates, selling or collecting tickets, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Grounds Signage Coordinator: Estimated hours 6-12 total.
• Work with a master list that already exists.
• Take inventory of signage stored with previous year’s coordinator.
• Re-order, re-use, patch or discard signs for the current fair.
• After inventory, check for some department needs. For example – Ticketing office. Parking. Security.
• Post all signs the day before and morning of the Fair. You’ll need a screw gun and screws.
• Clean up two bulletin boards and add anything necessary.
Materials Distribution Coordinator: Estimated hours 3-5 total.
• Recruit people to help with distribution in outlying towns.
• Distribute various bulk materials to members and friends to get the word out about the Fair.
• Brochures, Posters, lawn signs, etc.
Poster Booth: Sell past and current year Guilford Fair posters.
Vegetable Exhibit: Occupy the vegetable exhibit and keep area neat.
Entries and Office: To help with computer entry of exhibitor forms before and during the Fair / provide information during the Fair.
Grounds: Buildings, grounds, equipment, fencing, building exhibit areas before, during, and after the Fair.
- Chair setup Thursday evening 5-8pm & tear down Sunday 7-9pm.
- All three days chairs need constant reset in main stage area Friday & Saturday night until 7pm.
Photography: Help take in entries prior to the Fair, help during and at the end of the Fair.
Security: Assist security by occupying posts and directing Fair patrons.
If you or someone you know is interested in any of the above volunteer opportunities, please contact email@example.com and provide your name, email, phone number, and time(s) you are available. The department chairperson will contact you to coordinate your shift / parking / tickets.